"Princess Pom"

Friday, October 5, 2012

"Best of Show"


2012 Kiwanis Pet Parade at the Sandy Springs Festival

"Dancing with the Dogs"



Saturday. September 22nd was the date of the Sandy Springs Festival and the 25th Anniversary of the Kiwanis Club sponsered Pet Parade.  It was also my first opportunity to wear my new Halloween costume that Mom designed for me.  In case you can't tell, I am a Ballroom Dancer complete with my own dance floor, with the theme "Dancing with the Dogs".


The dance floor was built by an amazing woodworker named Bill Smith and it featured a mirror ball, the 3 judges from "Dancing with the Stars" (each one giving me a "10" score), Brook Burke and Tom Burcheron, and of course my very own mirror ball trophy.  My dress was cobalt blue with rinestones and a long skirt.  I also wore gloves and a tiara.  I did my version of the "Fox Trot"  while the theme music from "Dancing with the Stars" played in a continuous loop.
.

We even won "Best of Show"  and I got a blue ribbon, a trophy with a dog on top and one free bath a month for a whole year (OK, so I'm not so excited about that.)


No comments:

Post a Comment